Latrobe Regional Gallery
Latrobe Regional Gallery (LRG) is one of the largest public galleries in regional Victoria and is member of the Public Galleries Association of Victoria. Newly renovated, housing seven gallery spaces and a sculpture courtyard, LRG presents exhibitions and curated projects across contemporary art and design, experimental and interdisciplinary practices, curated collections of note, works by regional artists and national touring exhibitions.
LRG spaces are fitted out to international museum standards, with archival storage facilities, hosting significant collections such as The Cbus Collection of Australian Art, the Allan Aldous Collection, a substantial collection of handcrafted glass objects and perfume bottles, and a range of modernist, impressionist and recent post-war art. A dynamic program of events, tours, children activities and artist talks provide insights into the exhibitions and collections. LRG provides educational workshops, with a Community Access Gallery ‘for hire’ to enhance opportunities for emerging artists.
Latrobe Regional Gallery manages collections of regional and national significance. Hosting more than 1400 works of art across all media and historical periods. The collections include:
– Rare historical works which reference the Gippsland region, by significant practitioners, such as Jessie Traill, Noel Counihan, Jan Senbergs, Mandy Martin & Kevin Mortensen.
– 20th and 21st century Australian Art:
– The Cbus Collection of Australian Art
– Allan Aldous Collection (Asian Art)
– Contemporary Australian Art – Works on Paper (Drawing, Photography & Printmaking)
– Contemporary Australian Glass, including a perfume bottle collection
– The Colin Suggett Sculpture Collection
– A significant number of contemporary works donated from the Bank of Melbourne Regional Art Collection.
Please note that these collections are not on permanent display.
Tours and talks can be arranged by appointment for small to large groups.
Cafe (So Swish) is located within the gallery offering light meals, coffee, cakes and slices. Open Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm
Open Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm, Saturday and Sunday 8am – 4pm