Latrobe Regional Gallery Morwell
Latrobe Regional Gallery
Latrobe Regional Gallery (LRG) is located in Morwell and presents an exciting program of contemporary art for the Gippsland region and visitors to enjoy.
Established in 1971, LRG is one of the largest public galleries in eastern Victoria, with seven gallery spaces and a changing exhibition program that offers a blend of unique local perspectives, curated exhibitions of note and artworks from our collection.
Our dedicated space for children to create and experience art, inspired by our exhibitions and collections, is sure to delight. We also produce a dynamic public program of events, exhibitions tours, workshops and art education programs.
A dynamic program of events, tours, children activities and artist talks provide insights into the exhibitions and collections. LRG provides educational workshops, with a Community Access Gallery ‘for hire’ to enhance opportunities for emerging artists.
LRG is proudly owned and operated by Latrobe City Council with support from Creative Victoria. Latrobe Regional Gallery manages collections of regional and national significance, hosting more than 1400 works of art across all media and historical periods.
Latrobe Regional Gallery manages collections of regional and national significance. Hosting more than 1400 works of art across all media and historical periods. The collections include:
– Rare historical works which reference the Gippsland region, by significant practitioners, such as Jessie Traill, Noel Counihan, Jan Senbergs, Mandy Martin and Kevin Mortensen.
– 20th and 21st century Australian Art
– The Cbus Collection of Australian Art
– Allan Aldous Collection (Asian Art)
– Contemporary Australian Art – Works on Paper (Drawing, Photography & Printmaking)
– Contemporary Australian Glass, including a perfume bottle collection
– The Colin Suggett Sculpture Collection
– A significant number of contemporary works donated from the Bank of Melbourne Regional Art Collection.
Please note that these collections are not on permanent display.
LRG is pleased to introduce guided tours in Auslan, led by deaf guide Lauren Fox. These tours are mediated in Auslan without English interpretation and will take inspiration from our current exhibition program. Duration: 60 to 90 minutes. If you have any questions about this tour, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Open 7 days, 10am – 4pm excluding public holidays. Tours and talks can be arranged by appointment for small to large groups.
Gift shop: Supporting Gippsland makers and artisans the gift shop at LRG stocks a wide variety of handcrafted items, from jewellery and ceramics, to soaps and candles – and a few things in between.
Latrobe Regional Gallery is located on the traditional land of the Braiakaulung people of the Gunaikurnai nation. We pay respects to their Elders past, present and emerging.