Furry Fundraisers Dogs Day Out
Furry Fundraisers involve our beloved pets in the fundraising for animals in need. To raise money for two amazing charities, Pets in the Park and Pet Medical Crisis we will have a Sponsored Walk and a Dogs Day Out!
For the sponsored walk, ‘Woofers Walk for Welfare’ set your own distance, gain sponsors and then get walking to raise much needed money. The walk will be conducted as part of the Furry Fundraisers Dogs Day Out event held at Old Gippstown. But if you can’t make it on this day then you are welcome to stamp out the kilometres with your pooch at any other time that suits you best.
The ‘Dogs Day Out’ event will be Sunday 13 October at Old Gippstown. Bring the family and come enjoy a great day out with:
– Sausage sizzle lunch able to be purchased with portion of the profits being donated
– Dog games run by Ruth Harvey from Gippsland Dog Obedience Club (gold coin to play)
– FREE 10 minute massages for your dog provided by Maree at MFD (massage for dogs) who is trained canine myofunctional therapist
– Photo shoots from Mandy at Fetching Images Photography with a portion of the profits being donated
– Kids colouring corner available and access to Gippsland Heritage Park facilities
– Participants of the Sponsored Walk will be there on the day stepping out their kilometres to raise money for the cause. Anyone can set their own distance and then gain sponsorship to complete the walk, just contact Geri for more information on 0447 351 295.
Pets in the Park help the homeless care for their pets by providing free medical care to pets of the homeless in Melbourne area. Pet Medical Crisis assist with the costs of medical intervention where the owners’ inability to fund it would otherwise result in death or significantly impact quality of life.
$7 entry for adults, gold coin donation for children 15 and under and dogs free.